Group I is the topmost exam, conducted by the TNPSC to recruit personnel for the highest administrative positions under the State Government. Every year, lakhs of candidates apply for Group I exam. As it selects candidates for the topmost positions in the State Civil Services, one needs to learn the length and breadth of every topic in the syllabus. With increasing competition for the limited number of vacancies available, the exam has been made tougher over time. To crack Group I exam, one needs to work really hard and smart. Proper guidance and conceptual clarity will save the amount of invaluable time that the candidates invest in studying.
The Group I exam is conducted in three phases – The Preliminary, the Mains and the Interview level.
Services that are listed under Group I are
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies
- Assistant Director of Rural Development Department
- Assistant Commissioner in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department
- Assistant Commissioner – Commercial Tax Officer
- District Registrar
- Divisional Officer in Fire and Rescue Services Department
- Assistant Conservator of Forest
- District Employment Officer